Sunday, March 13, 2011

On my mind

I'm sure most of you that keep up with the blog are on facebook.  I've had a lot on my mind lately.  My school is losing points (teachers), which gifted was one of the points we lost.  Since my co-teacher has seniority over me, that put me on the displaced list.  For about a month and a half, I haven't known what I would be teaching next year or where, but I was still guaranteed a job with the county.  This week, the issue was resolved.  I am SO thankful.  I had many feelings over the last month.  I was mad, sad... I felt unwanted and unloved.  I had many moments of peace when I had truly given my worry to God.  Isn't God amazing in that way?  Anyway, on Tuesday morning, a principal sent out an AP basically to "scout me."  She observed me and we talked.  I really liked her and she understood my concern about distance and the importance of keeping NC with her current daycare provider.  Later that evening, I had an email from the principal to come for an interview on Wednesday.  I was able to leave school early on Wednesday to visit the new school and interview.  Wednesday night, I received a phone call from the principal offering me the position.  Thursday night, we talked again and I officially accepted her offer.  It is such a relief to know that I have a place... that I was WANTED.  During my interview, the principal shared with me that she is very picky- she handpicks her staff.  She scouts many, interviews few and then of course, accepts even less.  I felt very honored that she CHOSE me!    I feel very good about my decision and am really excited about a new adventure!  I LOVE my school family and will miss them tremendously (I've been there twelve years) BUT there's always facebook right?  hahaha

Other not so exciting things going through my head last week- 
  • ways to save money so that I can get a new car...
  • ways to find make time to coupon... I mean REALLY coupon (like Drena coupons)  
  • finding a church home... do we stick with the church we've been attending?  Do we find a new one in the area we've been thinking of moving to
  • that I need to get serious about WW.  I've lost about 3 lbs total, not stellar but it's slow and steady that wins the race right?  BUT I do need to be better about making good choices and logging every day.  I just get busy and forget.
  • ways to grow my 31 business (anyone want to host a party??)

    And now, I need to get ready for CHURCH!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy for you!!!!