While in Chattanooga, we headed to the aquarium, Ruby Falls AND Rock City! We were busy but had a TON of fun and we think Nancy Carolyn enjoyed all the sites. :) It's been a while since I had been to the TN aquarium and they've added a whole new building since I was there last. They now have an Ocean building, which is VERY cool! In it are penguins...everyone's favorite chilly bird. They were the highlight of my day. The River building was as cool as usual. It was very fun to see Chris (who had never been) and NC's reaction to the different animals.
We also went to Ruby Falls and Rock City. I had been to Ruby Falls before but never to Rock City. Ruby Falls was cool, as usual. The falls are very pretty and I think we had the BEST tour guide I've ever had (anywhere...) His name was Brent and he was an older gentleman, who has been giving tours there for 16 years. (Can you imagine?) He was quite entertaining and you could tell he LOVED his job. We were up towards the front of our tour, so we were able to hear most of his banter. Chris actually talked with him on the way back (after we saw old Ruby). Rock City was self guided and it was beautiful out. We didn't go EVERYWHERE (like "fat man's squeeze") because of the stroller. But it sure was beautiful.
Here's a couple of my favorite pictures from our adventures. If you want to see ALL the pictures, click on the link for our shutterfly page. I'm looking forward to returning next year for the race and taking NC to the Children's Museum.
1 year ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment