Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I'm Dreaming...

of a White Christmas...

Can you believe we had a White Christmas, after all?  I totally thought it would just snow and melt.  But it didn't... it stuck around.  My heart seriously just filled with joy and amazement, as we drove home in the snow.  It was beautiful and so peaceful.  The perfect ending to a wonderful first Christmas for Nancy Carolyn.

Most of you know from Facebook that I was baking the whole week leading up to Christmas.  I baked a coconut pound cake, red velvet cake (yes with cream cheese icing), oatmeal raisin cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, black and white chocolate covered cherry cookies, caramel cake, butternut cake and I even made some divinity.  I had a wonderful time baking and look forward to the day when NC can really join me in the kitchen.

On Christmas Eve, we had our family over for a nice meal.  Chris made the most delicious prime rib ever!  Oh and he made mashed potatoes and asparagus.  Everyone seemed to have a good time.  Chris's parents stayed the night with us.  I was so excited about Nancy Carolyn's first Christmas (and so tired from the week) that I had trouble sleeping and was awake about an hour before NC decided to get up (almost at 8 am!)  We had my family's tradition of sausage and biscuits before opening presents.  NC didn't last long though- she made it through the Santa presents and all the ones from Pop and Granma.  While she was sleeping Chris's brother, his partner and his aunt arrived for Christmas brunch.  We had a wonderful brunch and a good time opening the rest of the presents.  After NC's second nap of the day, we headed over to Grandaddy and Nana's house for Christmas with my family.  We had a nice ham dinner, followed by the fun of opening even more presents.  It was the most wonderful day I could have asked for... I'm so very blessed to have such wonderful family! 








 

0 comments: